Skip to content
Never one to shy away from the lighter side of life, JD subjected himself to a bunch of rapid-fire questions…
- What is your favourite word?
Onomatopoeia (although I have to always Google its spelling). I like the way it rolls off my tongue. I quite like anemone also, as in where Nemo lives.
- What is your least favourite word?
Moist. Moooiiiisssst. There is something just plain wrong with that word, sorry.
- Where is your favourite city?
Hands-down Cape Town. It has everything I could desire – beautiful mountains, lovely beaches, it’s a cultural melting pot, has an awesome foodie scene, and is home to many of my favouritest people in the world.
- If you could be any mythical creature what would you be?
A unicorn. With wings. Yup, a unicorned-Pegasus, that would be cool.
- What turns you on spiritually?
I feel at my most connected when I’m in nature, the more unspoilt it is the better. Especially forests and mountains get my heart beating faster. And sunshine, lots of sunshine.
- What turns you off spiritually?
Not being true to myself or not following my heart.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Whooha, that was quite a ride kiddo! Fancy going again!?
- What would you like to be remembered for?
Being generous, with my time and other resources. And for making a difference.
- What sound do you love?
I love hearing rain lashing against the windows, and thunder. Or the crunching sound of boots walking over gravel.
- What sound do you hate?
The metal edge of a spade scraping over a concrete surface. Ugh, gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. And I suspect the sound of a fierce wild animal behind me.
- What is your favourite smell?
Oh wow, so many to pick from. Freshly brewed coffee, vanilla beans, lavender flowers, and chocolate brownies.
- And your least favourite smell?
Wet dog. And old bed sheets.
- If you could do any job in the world, what would you do?
I dream about host my own talkshow or travel programme on TV.
- What job would you least like to do?
Be the person who cleans shark tanks? Or who removes chewing gum from under bus seats.